We love to entertain at our home. There is something special about inviting friends over for a night at home. The little things you do to prepare your home for entertaining impacts the experience your guest will have. I want to share with you how you can create a table setting that you and your guests will love, and they will want to know how you did it.
- Pick an inspiration piece for your table – Choose an object for my tables that will give it that wow factor. It could be an amazing floral arrangement, a nice tablecloth, or even a plate but always have something that gives puts you in the mood that you want to have for your dinner party.
- Choose a centerpiece that fits your table- theme If your focal point for your dinner table isn’t the centerpiece, keep it simple, so it doesn’t distract from the main attraction.
- Layer dishes with chargers and mix patterns for added flair – Tabletops are the perfect way to have a little fun with a pattern! Mixing plates and glasses with various colors and patterns give your table some personality and some excitement. A little tip if you have a bold centerpiece, then stick with a neutral setting for your dishes. That way, it won’t take away from the colors of the centerpiece of the colors of your food.
- Set two glasses at each place setting, one for water and one for whatever beverage you are serving – Giving your guests two glasses, is a simple luxury, and shows a lot of class and style.
- Serve dessert on a bar cart – Give your guests a few choices have a mix of homemade and store-bought.
- Add candles or tea lights to create ambiance – There is no wrong time to use candles or tea lights. It sets a perfect mood, and it makes everyone look a little better and feel more at ease.
So, the next time you have dinner with friends, do it at home and follow these simple steps and you will WOW your friends and impress yourself.